Race Weekend: 30 June-1 July 2012
Entry Deadline: 21 April 2012 (APPLY FOR THIS RACE!)
Late entries: Considered case-by-case, space permitting
Track: Buttonwillow Raceway Park, Buttonwillow CA
NOTE: THIS IS A FULL 24-HOUR RACE WITH NO BREAKS. SHOW US HOW TOUGH YOU REALLY ARE!
All-access paddock passes, which allow you to get dangerously close to these dilapidated machines, are always available at the gate. Tickets are $25 for the 24-hour race. Kids under 16 are free.
Friday, 29 June 2012
7am: Gates open
9am-5pm: Track testing conducted by Buttonwillow--call 661.764.5333 for details.
10am-5pm: Mandatory Friday tech inspection. Every car and at least one driver per team must be present for Friday tech. No Saturday tech will be offered.
Saturday, 30 June 2012
7am: Gates open
9am: Mandatory drivers' meeting
10am: Race start
Sunday, 1 July 2012
10am: Checkered flag
10:30am: Awards ceremony
4pm: Gates close
This is a night race on an unlighted track. Each team must provide its own illumination. While good-quality, properly aimed OE headlight systems are generally up to this task, aftermarket driving and/or fog lights are also legal. DON'T OVERTHINK IT: A small number of high-quality, properly mounted, correctly aimed headlights or driving lights is much more effective than a large number of crappy add-ons, or overpowered projector lights, or fancy-pants spots.
• During daylight hours, forward lights may be removed if desired.
• Lights,mounts, and associated switches and wires are considered safety items and do NOT count toward the $500 build total.
• From dusk to dawn, all cars must have at least two working headlights, one working taillight, and one working brake light. Multi-filament combination tail/brake lights are acceptable.
• The center of all lights must be no higher than 6 inches above the car's hoodline; roof-mounted lights are not allowed.
• There is no limit on the total number of lights. However, lights must not be unduly dazzling or distracting to others.
• All lights must be properly aimed. Cars with mis-aimed lights may be black-flagged at any time.
• Teams whose lights are deemed overly dazzling, insufficiently bright, badly aimed, or problematic in any other way may be black-flagged at any time.
• All lights must be present and working during tech inspection.
PITS AND PADDOCK
Overnight camping: Yes. Limited RV hookups available for extra fee--contact Buttonwillow directly for hookup info
BBQs allowed: Yes, but only during non-race hours
Running water: Yes
Bathrooms: Permanent, with showers
Fuel available onsite: Yes
Tire shop on site: Yes
Closest airport: Los Angeles International (LAX)
FUEL AND PARTS
7s Only Racing Supplies and Fabrication
20661 Tracy Ave
20656 Tracy Ave
200 S Shafter Ave
620 Munzer St
Hitchcock Auto Parts
620 Munzer St
Castro Tire Service and Truck Wash
27600 Lagoon St
FOOD AND SUPPLIES
13045 Rosedale Hwy
9100 Rosedale Hwy
6225 Colony St
Kern Medical Center
1930 Flower St #14
Bakersfield Memorial Hospital
420 34th St
400 Old River Rd
Buttonwillow Raceway Park
24551 Lerdo Highway
Buttonwillow is located in Buttonwillow CA, 126 miles north of downtown LA, 196 miles south of San Jose, and 28 miles northwest of Bakersfield. The track is 1/2 mile west of Interstate 5 on the Lerdo Highway.