- Winner on Laps #39 Hong Norrth (1995 Mazda MX3, Atlanta)
- Winner on Index of Effluency #2 NSF Racing (1945 Mercedes 170, Orlando FL)
- Winner, Class A (The Good) #39 Hong Norrth (1995 Mazda MX3, Atlanta)
- Winner, Class B (The Bad) #21 Student Drivers (1997 Ford Crown Vic, Concord NC)
- Winner, Class C (The Ugly) #64 The Failure Modes (1992 Volvo 240 DL, Orlando)
- Organizer's Choice #25 The Douchebags that Zig (1997 Cadillac Catera, Charlotte NC)
- Most Heroic Fix #55 Tunachuckers (1975 Ferd LTD Landau Brougham Mad-Pimpin' Edition, Travelers Rest SC)
- Judges' Choice #169 Beaver Hunt pt.2 (1979 Ford Pinto, Charlotte)
- I Got Screwed #2 NSF Racing (1945 Mercedes 170, Orlando FL)
- Newt Gingrich in South Carolina Award #15 Initech racing (1987 Lincoln Mark VII, Hampton Virginia)
- LEMONS SOUTH FALL 2012 OFFICIAL GALLERY
- LEMONS SOUTH FALL 2012 FULL RESULTS
- LEMONS SOUTH FALL EXPANDED RESULTS (with individual car info)
- LEMONS SOUTH FALL Video Wrap Up
Race Weekend: 22-23 September 2012
Entry Deadline: 14 July 2012 (APPLY FOR THIS RACE!)
Late entries: Considered case-by-case, space permitting
Track: Carolina Motorsports Park (FULL TRACK), Kershaw SC
All-access paddock passes, which allow you to get dangerously close to these dilapidated machines, are always available at the gate. Tickets are $30/weekend or $20/day. Kids under 16 are free.
Pre-race track testing: Contact CMP for details.
CMP's Intro to Racing Class: CMP's own Palmetto Motorsports Club/Turn One Track Events is holding an Intro to Racing class for all interested novice or less-experienced LeMons entrants. The one-hour class is designed to help newcomers understand the basics and get up to speed for the race. The curriculum includes: Rules, Safety, Flags, Seating Position, Racing Line (Turn In, Apex,Track Out), Vehicle Dynamics, and Passing. The cost is $30 per driver. Class starts at 3:30pm on Friday in the Palmetto Motorsports Clubhouse (that's the building right next to CMP's front gate). Space is limited, so sign up early: To register, contact Sylvia at email@example.com or call 803-475-5006.
Friday, 21 September 2012
TBA: Pre-race track testing
Noon-4:30pm: Mandatory Tech Inspection (All cars MUST be inspected on Friday)
3:30pm-4:30pm: CMP's Intro to Racing Class - info above.
6pm-9:30pm: Downtown Camden BS Judging / Block Party / LeMons car show
Saturday, 22 September 2012
7am: Gates open
9am: Mandatory drivers' meeting
10am-6:30pm: Race Session I
Sunday, 23 September 2012
8:15am: Mandatory drivers' meeting
9am-11am: Race Session II
11am-Noon: CMP quiet time. No race motors.
Noon-4pm: Race Session III
4:30pm: Awards Ceremony
7pm: Gates close
Lights: Headlights, taillights, and sidemarkers removed or fully taped
Rear side and back glass: Keep it or toss it, your choice
Noise limit: 92dB@50ft.
PITS AND PADDOCK
Overnight camping: Yes
Vehicle restrictions: None. Plenty of grass parking
Pit assignments: Pick a spot and plunk down, already
Barbeques allowed: Yes. Propane preferred. Area subject to "burn ban" depending on weather.
Running water: Yes
Electrical hookups: Yes
Pit hours: Just be polite to the neighbors
Fuel sold on-site: Yes, 93 octane minimum
Dead cars: Complete, rolling corpses can be left behind
Closest airports: Charlotte Douglas International (CLT) and Columbia Metropolitan Airport (CAE)
Weather: Clear and mild, or muggy and miserable, or freezing rain alternating with shine...who the hell knows? It's the Carolinas in September.
2020 W DeKalb St
Ask for CMP discount
Holiday Inn Express
419 Sumter Hwy
220 Wall St
FUEL AND PARTS
5702 Monticello Rd
Scott's Solo gas station
Right outside track gate
Gas, diesel, 24-hour wrecker, repairs
215 S Hampton St.
Napa Auto Parts
136 N Hampton St
Advance Auto Parts
817 DeKalb St
Sutton's Tire Service
423 S Hampton St
FOOD AND SUPPLIES
513 S Hampton St
2240 W DeKalb St
Kershaw County Medical Center
1315 Roberts St
Springs Memorial Hospital
800 W Meeting St
Kershaw is about an hour south of Charlotte NC and 45 minutes north of Columbia NC. Check out CMP's online directions here.